GRiD Defence Systems designs and manufactures Military Computers for use in the harshest environments.
GRiD is a UK owned company that operates from Buckinghamshire, UK and has been supplying and supporting the UK Military for 30 years.
A summary of the company’s capabilities:
• GRiD is the Original Equipment Manufacturer of its own Military Computers
• GRiD design the entire product, including the motherboards to reduce obsolescence issues and can offer well over 10 years support
• GRiD controls the design and specification of each product
• GRiD configures products to suit your application by including the required connectors and interfaces to integrate with new and legacy systems
• GRiD completes all assembly (including cabling) in-house to maintain quality and control of the products
• GRiD has a dedicated workshop able to build and repair its computers
• GRiD fully tests all product to a defined Final Test Procedure (FTP) to ensure reliability in the field
• GRiD offers Environmental Stress Screening Testing (ESS) to ensure the reliability of product within harsh environments
• GRiD offers qualification services using only independent UKAS accredited Test Houses to qualify your product to specific Environmental and EMC Standards including DEF STAN 59-411 for EMC and DEF STAN 00-35 for Environment
• GRiD offers up to 15 years extended warranty on its entire product range
• GRiD uses Intel® Embedded Processors (15-year life) and industrial components where possible to help support products for the life of the programme
GRiD products are also completely ITAR free and manufactured by GRiD using industrial components and embedded Intel® Processors. Each unit is hand built at our UK workshop to ensure complete configuration control over every product. GRiD's core values are to support products for long periods of time, maintaining and servicing devices for over 15 years from the initial delivery date and mitigating issues associated with obsolescence commonly found in the commercial marketplace.